- Turn on grinder.
- Check for food clogging drain.
- Bail water out of sink if filled.
- Fill sink halfway with warm water then use plunger on drain. Follow with hot water.
- Heat 2 liters of water in pot.
- Stir in a few tbsp of dishwashing detergent or Sal's Suds.
- Slowly pour the nearly boiling water down drain.
- Flush with hot tap water.
- Repeat if necessary.
- Pour 1/2 cup table/kosher salt down drain, then flush with boiling water. Repeat 2 times.
- Pour 1 cup Baking Soda and 1/2 cup table/kosher salt down drain. Let sit overnight, then drain with boiling water.
- Insert Plumber's Snake or straightened coat hanger and pull out debris. Repeat until clear.
Prevention: Flush kitchen drains once a month with salt and hot water. Avoid letting fats, oils and grease go down drain.